Monday, September 12, 2005

I got a e-mail yesterday from Michael Moore asking Bush voters to defend the President over the handling of Katrina.

I think there will be plenty of blame to go around, including a decent amount on the Bush administration. How the questions get answered in the long term is going to have a bigger impact that anything.

My biggest two questions.

Why did guys with a so little emergency response backgrounds get put in charge of FEMA?

In large multi-state disasters should the federal government step in and take charge right away regardless of the wishes of the states involved?

I don't think I am going to like the answer to question number one and I don't think America is going to like the answer to question #2

OneMan

2 comments:

Don said...

Imagine if Bush had immediately stepped in and taken control away from a female democrat governor. All his critics would now be praising him to no end...NOT!

Randall Sherman said...

I'm afraid 2006 (and likely 2008) will not be good years to run as a candidate for most anything as a Republican, all because of eight words said by George W. Bush:

"Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job."