Saturday, March 04, 2006

Off the political thing for a minute. Mrs OneMan had to leave town for a family emergency so I ended up having to fill in for her as co-troop leader at the Girl scouts Thinking Day event in Aurora. No, I didn't have to wear a uniform.

For those who know me I will give you a minute to stop laughing.

It was a interesting day, large groups of girls do behave differently than large groups of boys. I know that sounds obvious but it seems sometimes we try in this society to forget that. I also know that having a wife and daughter by no stretch of the imagination has made me that knowledgeable about girls. It's a different tribe to say the least.

It would appear that I was only one of three men at the entire event. It was a bit of a long day but fun and I am looking forward to the day I can take off and tell Mrs. OneMan "Oh you need to fill in for me at political event y but don't worry person X knows some stuff about it"

OneMan

1 comment:

Rick Klau said...

I think you've hit upon your next fundraiser idea: set your goal, and if you meet it, promise them that you'll put on a girl scout uniform.

;)