Sunday, June 10, 2007

Well, I really don't blog about a lot of 'personal' stuff. Bascially because my life isn't that interesting and I know others who blog about such things much better than I. However I am going to break from that today.

There is a joke,
Q: What do you call the guy who finishes last in a triathlon?
A: A triathalete
it may have a new answer (OneMan).

Update: It turns out I did not finish last (close, but not last!)

Yes I did my first triathlon on Sunday in Batavia, after 6 months of on and off training I was able to finish the Batavia triathlon (400 M Swim, 14.7 mile bike, 4.1 mile run). Don't know for sure if I finished last, but there is a chance I did, but I finshed which was one of my goals (my other goal was to not finish last, oh well).

If a guy my size (and my level of fitness) can get into good enough shape to this anyone can.

I just want to say thanks for all the folks in my life (and during the race) who encouraged me during the race and when I was getting ready.

OneMan

5 comments:

Rick Klau said...

Congrats, dude! Really excited for you - this is a great accomplishment.

Beth said...

Holy crap! You rock!

Bridget said...

Awesome!

Jake Parrillo said...

wow! congrats. That's a big deal. I'm very jealous!

Auntie M said...

Super!! I am SOOOOO impressed!! You are truly an inspiration!!