Thursday, May 15, 2008

So you want to be mayor of Aurora...

Well with the current set of candidates I think there is an opportunity to do so.

Why,   well assume for a minute that 30% of the voters will vote for Tom regardless and 30% will vote for someone besides Tom regardless. 

So you basically need to get about 30% of the vote to have a shot.

First and foremost you need to get a fifth candidate in the race or get the number back down to three (since you would make the fourth candidate).  With four and only four it is going to be too hard to beat Tom's built in incumbency with 5 you can get to a second round against a Tom.

So then to get enough to make it to a second round you need to appeal to a non-traditional base in Aurora.

You could:
 Be very immigrant friendly (sanctuary city)
 Be very immigrant unfriendly (police check your status) -- bigger risk with this one.
 Try and appeal to 'new Aurora' that is the far east, west and south sides. 

There are a few others as well.

OneMan

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's interesting that a simple Blog like this will go through; but try saying anything against Wisener and it gets deleted!

Anonymous said...

Comment moderation has been enabled. All comments must be approved by the blog author.

Anonymous said...

How about F-You

OneMan said...

Commenter,

The issue with your comment is the letter, since I can't verify it I am not going to approve the comment.

Nothing personal.

Anonymous said...

What are you talking about? It's a Lawsuit that's been filed!

OneMan said...

I will let the F-- you go, but not the stronger language version (I don't want filters to block the post).

Yes I realize there is a suit. I haven't seen a copy of the suit so no I don't know if the letter as presented from another source is valid so I am not going to pass the comment on. That's the nice thing about having your own blog.

I also don't get why a comment that is basically a set of comments from OpenLine is relevant to this.

I love the OpenLine blog, but this isn't the OpenLine blog.