Wednesday, January 28, 2009

So what is Rod going to do tomorrow...

In some ways I have the same feeling about Rod speaking to the senate tomorrow that I do when one of my Wolf Cub Scouts raises his hand to speak about something.

It can be really profound but more likely that not, it isn't going to make much sense.

I see a few of different options that the governor might take...

He knows he likely will know the whole world is watching (sort of) so...

He repeats the same stuff we have seen on all of the shows the last couple of days.

He tries to repeat all of the same stuff, but since it isn't relevant to the charges they challenge him.

It basically ends up being a campaign speech, he campaigns very well and resigns at the end with the hope of acquittal in the criminal courts and another run for Governor.

He starts tossing people under the bus, big time starting with the President on down. There were threats during the summer that they would destroy people if they tried impeachment. A part of me thinks he is vindictive enough to do it. A complete slash and burn out the door.


He does a complete end of Mr. Smith goes to Washington

You all think I'm licked. Well, I'm not licked and
I'm going to stay right here and fight for this lost cause even if
this room gets filled with lies like these, and the Madigans and all their
armies come marching into this place. Somebody'll listen to me


I put the odds of a resignation at the end of it at 50/50

No comments: