Monday, July 13, 2009

I hate to say I told you so but...

I am having a hard time finding the post, but back when the city was so hot to get rid of the drive-in I pointed out that Aurora didn't have much that didn't now exist in a cleaner/newer form in Oswego or Naperville.

The one thing Aurora does have is the Paramount, the premier performing arts venue in the Western Suburbs. Well I just got the schedule in the mail for the North Central College Fine Arts Center. The paramount may have more 'names' I would have to say that in it's first year NCC has more 'art' by far. More Jazz (I generally counted on COD for local Jazz anyway), more dance, more opera that the Paramount.

The Paramount may have had David Sedaris but NCC is having Sarah Vowell...

I guess my point on this is more that as the center at NCC matures it will end up getting more and more of the interesting stuff over time and reduce the quality of stuff that is at the paramount.

I hope I am wrong but if you are a touring show where are you going to perform, downtown Naperville or downtown Aurora.

No comments: