Monday, January 25, 2010

Now did he really apologize?

With respect to my commenters here is the text of the robo-call that went out today (I got one btw). Emphasis is all mine for a reason.

Hello, this is Randy Hultgren.
Last week, I sent you a mailing contrasting my experience with that of my opponent.
Included in that message, I discussed some questionable clients of my opponent’s law firm.
I believe that this was a mistake as it has taken the campaign discourse away from the issues.
Because I did this, I feel that I owe you an apology.
I wish I could call you individually to deliver this message, however, due to the early primary and the urgency of delivering this message, I must rely on a recording.
I apologize if this mailing came across as a political attack, as you deserve better discourse between those vying for your support to face Bill Foster in November.
Please understand, my passion to beat Foster motivated me to get into this race and that this will remain my focus over the next 7 days of the campaign to earn your Republican endorsement.
Thank you for your time and consideration.


I believe that this was a mistake as it has taken the campaign discourse away from the issues -- Not because it was wrong, not because it was unfair, not because it was a cheap shot, but because "it has taken focus away from issues". That is his way of saying, since people are talking about this and it isn't working out to be a positive for me, lets change the subject. IMHO

I apologize if this mailing came across as a political attack. This sort of like saying, "sorry if you found that statement offensive". It was a political attack IMHO, man up and admit it.

I have to give him some credit for addressing it, I wish he would have done a better job than my son does apologizing to his sister.

No comments: