Sunday, July 28, 2013

Why Mike Madigan Should Not Step Down To Let Lisa Run....

Well,

I have been out of town most of July, so this is really my first chance to pine upon this subject.  Much has been written about how Mike Madigan should step down so Lisa can run for governor but the more I have thought about this, in part as the father of a daughter the more I think it is unfair to both of them.

If Lisa wants to run for governor at some point she has to establish she is her own person and you can't do that if you need your dad to get out of the way, the very fact that it is felt that he needs to get out of the way shows that she hasn't done that. Also as I dad, as much as I want to not be a hinderance to what my kids want, it does beg the question, is it really your kid's success if you have to 'get out of the way' for them to achieve it?  If he did step down and she did run and win for governor, what does that really say about her leadership?  I think it would, unfairly perhaps, put a bit of a cloud and question over her term as governor.

It isn't that a parent doesn't want success for their child, but their child's success needs to be their own, not facilitated by a 'getting out of the way' action.

OneMan



No comments: