Sunday, August 11, 2013

Got To See Bruce Rauner In Action This Weekend..

I have to say, he was surprisingly good working a room. I only got to see one other candidate for governor working the room (Dillard) who did an ok job, but since he knew more people, he wasn't getting around as much as Rauner did.  The third candidate Rutherford (whom I have met a few times) did recognize me  from a distance and waved was able to speak to him briefly and he remembered my daughter whom he has met a couple of times years ago but we were leaving just as he arrived so I didn't get to see Dan work the room...

But I want to focus on Rauner, I don't know if it the way he is or if the listening tour taught him this or if his consultants beat it into him but the man does know how to work a room of Republicans.  He interacted well with my daughter and with myself... I saw him talking with various groups and looking relaxed and comfortable, also noticed he made a real effort to talk to the staff with the caterer and spoke with those folks for several minutes. He really seemed to have the look and feel as it were of a guy who has done this before, not as a rookie.  Too often the 'rich guy' candidates seem to have a hard time appearing relaxed when working the crowd at lower priced ticket events.  Have to say he was dealing with it like a pro....


No comments: