Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Karen Lewis & Being Picky...

If this election is starting to annoy you, you can always look to the next one and I have to admit the Mayors race in Chicago looks like it is going to be fun.

Full disclosure I don't live in Chicago...

I have a friend and former classmate who does, she also has quite the following on Facebook and is a liberal.  I think she would freely admit that herself and when she posts stuff on facebook most of her friends (not all) tend to agree with her and if anything tend to be more liberal.

So I have to say I am quite surprised while they don't appear to be Rahm fans, they also don't seem to like Karen Lewis much.  The thing is, they don't seem to have a big issue with her views,  some don't seem to like her brashness, some are unhappy with her leadership of the CTU. But I didn't see a whole lot who disagree with her proposals and her viewpoint.  The issues seemed to be with her as a person.

I think they would be happier if she was more like Toni Preckwinkle a bit calmer, a bit less in your face. Turned down from 11 to lets say 7 or so...

The problem is you can't ever find the perfect candidate, It's a simple fact of life.

The other thing that I think is a fact, that if you want significant policy change from Rahm you are going to have to get a significant personality change from Rahm as well.  That that requires someone who is going to make people uncomfortable.

That person is Karen Lewis.

I am not saying change is needed, but what I am saying is if you want change it isn't going to come from in someone who looks or acts like the last two mayors of Chicago.

2 comments:

AMARA's Supporter said...

Actually I think that person is Dr. Amara Enyia. She is running for mayor too and she has all of the right policy points to crate real change in the city and a pleasant, assertive attitude.Check her out amaraforchicago.com

Anonymous said...

Dr. A. Enyia Supporter... Amara IS the one, she shows the innate ability to communicate effectively with ALL Chicago regardless of skin hues or monies to do! What a breath of fresh air she is!