Wednesday, December 02, 2015

Lauzen vs Shepro...

Well it looks like Chris Lauzen is going to have a primary challenger, Ken Shepro.

Full disclosure, I know both of them, haven't talked to either of them in a while but know both of them.  Also at one time I worked for a candidate that ran against Chris so suffice to say I am not likely one of his preferred guys in town. Also will say that after working for a local dairy guy I have purchased fund raising tickets to a couple of Chris' events. At one point in my life I sat in a fair number of meetings with Ken.

Now that we have that out of the way.

I don't think this is going to be close.  Lauzen has managed to keep the tax levee where it was when he took office, just like he said he would.  I have not always been a Lauzen fan, but I have to say he has done a better job than I expected as Chairman and has even worked better with Democrats than I expected.   The keeping the tax levee where it was at is huge.

Ken's a nice guy, but having seen both of them in action, Lauzen has better skills on the trail by far. I also suspect that this will be seen as the last gasp by the ABC (Anyone But Chris) crew.

Here is a statement for Ken
Shepro said the county's regional plan commission and farmland preservation committees no longer function. There is no economic development focus or staff that Shepro said he is aware of.
Well Ken to be blunt, the average Republican voter can really care less about a county regional plan commission.  I would say that is true for the average voter in general.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know a darn thing about the other guy, but Lauzen is all about the Government worker, more raises for them etc.

I would have expected him to reduce head counts and right size salaries but he has not.

A good place to start would be an across the board 20% salary cut.

I am all for 4 years and out the door for all elected offices.